Ok, so we love eggs and have always loved the idea of quiche, but when it came to actually eating it, that was a hard NO. Cream as a primary ingredient? We don’t think so – not in this family! We knew there had to be a better way to indulge in some cakey egg-y goodness without the guilt. Voila! We present to you: Quinoa Quiche! It’s a delicious little treat that ticks every box and is super easy to make. Enjoy!!
- 1/3 cup cooked quinoa
- 1/4 cup diced red pepper
- 1/4 cup diced green pepper
- Optional: 1/4 zucchini
- 2 eggs
- 4 egg whites
- Salt and pepper
- 1/8 tsp Cholula hot sauce
- Cook the quinoa according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Whisk the egg and egg whites together. Then combine all ingredients except zucchini in a bowl and mix to combine.
- Line your muffin tin with seven liners and spray with cooking spray. Divide the mixture evenly among the seven muffins.
- Run zucchini through a vegetable spiralizer (optional)
- Bake for 30 minutes or until cooked through and golden brown. (Optional: Place zucchini spaghetti on top of each quiche after 20 min or when they become mostly solid, then replace in oven until completion)