We make no excuses for loving carbs! But the carbs need a purpose - they should be hearty, fiber filled, and be paired with protein. Check out our recipe for healthy scones made with Vega protein that really hit the spot!
- 1 cup (30g), 100% Whole Wheat Flour
- 2 apple, Small Apple
- 0.25 cup, Rolled Oats
- 1 c - prepared (1/4 cup dry), Organic Steel Cut Oats
- 1 tbsp(s), Baking Powder
- 1 tsp, Spices, cinnamon, ground
- 0.75 scoop, Chocolate Protein Powder
- 0.75 scoop (1.2 oz), Performance Protein Vanilla
- 1 T1, Super Green Food
- 2 tsp(s), Rapid Rise Yeast
- 0.75 cup, Almond Milk (Original)
Mix all ingredients, except the almond milk in a owl. Add almond milk until the mixture becomes a bread dough texture. Cover and let rise for 1 hour.
Divide dough into 6 hockey puck size and shape pieces.
Place on cookie sheet covered with one piece of parchment paper.
Cook in a pre-heated oven at 425 degrees for 20 minutes. Turn sheet 180 degrees after 10 minutes.
Take out once they pass the "tooth pick" test!