Mac & Cheese so creamy & dreamy you won't believe it's made from PLANTS!!!
Howdy friends! As we explained over on the ‘gram, my hubby George challenged you guys to send in your favorite comfort foods for him to re-engineer into a new, healthy, plant-based delicious version!
We’re pleased to share with you that our first three recipes in this series are being brought to you by NOW® which is one of our favorite brands and has just about everything you could ever need to create delicious, dreamy, healthy meals!
And thus.. we are pleased to present the first “Nutritious Nostalgia” recipe: MAC & CHEESE!! Made with Quinoa Macaroni from NOW® along with several other yummy ingredients from their vast portfolio.
Here are the recipe details below - watch the IGTV episode in our feed for the full breakdown!!!
1 large potato, peeled and cut into ½-inch cubes (1½ cups)
1 cup chopped carrots
½ cup chopped yellow onion
1 teaspoon turmeric
2 small cloves garlic finely chopped
½ cup NOW Real Food® Cashews
½ cup NOW® Nutritional Yeast
1 teaspoon sea salt
8 ounces Living Now® Organic Quinoa Macaroni
01) Bring a pot of water (3 cups) to a boil. Place in NOW® Macaroni pasta and bring to simmer. Pro-Tip: Quinoa pasta cooks rather fast (10 min or less), so keep an eye on it!
02) Put potato, carrots + onion in a pan with 2 cups of water. Bring to a boil over high heat. Reduce heat to low and simmer, covered, for 20 minutes.
03) Soak cashews in water for 10 min.
04) Drain pasta and place back in pot.
05) Strain potato, carrot + onion mixture and put in a blender along with salt, garlic, cashews, nutritional yeast and salt. Add just under 1/2 cup of water and blend at medium speed. It should look like melted cheese. If it is too thick, simply add water, a tablespoon at a time.