George left on a business trip last night to Amsterdam, and Mase and I already miss him so much!! But to give you a little idea of the type of husband he is... before he leaves us, he cooks for the whole week, including thinking up favorite comfort foods from my youth (like Chicken Pot Pie) and reverse engineering them to make them healthy.
He left us with a fridge full of love so even if our hearts are a lil empty this week, our bellies will be full.
Want to make your own? Here ya go!
GEORGE’S HEALTHY CHICKEN POT PIE
Ingredients (for 2)
1 chicken breast
1/4 cup snap peas
1/4 cup of carrots
1/2 cup water
1 tablespoon chickpea flour
2 cup of Chickpea flour
4 Tablespoons of Earth Balance “butter”
2 tablespoons of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 tablespoon ice cold water
- Dice chicken breast
- Put in pre-warmed saucepan w/ olive oil
- Cool until chicken is browned
- Add 1/2 cup of water & vegetables
- Cook until veggies are soft
- Add flour to make creamy gravy (add flour using “eyeball method” - texture should be not too watery, not too thick)
- Cover, turn off heat
- In a separate bowl, add chickpea flour and salt - whisk
- Melt butter and add, along with other crust ingredients
- Use your hands to work ingredients into a dough
- Take 1/2 the dough and roll it into a ball, cover with plastic wrap and place in fridge for one hour
- Take other half of dough and flatten into an 8-inch pie dish - Cover with plastic wrap & place in refrigerator for one hour
- While cooking ingredients in fridge, pre-heat oven to 350
- Remove dough from fridge, place internal pie mixture into pie dish
- Take the ball of dough and roll it out as thin as possible, and place over top of pie dish
- Place in oven & cook for 30 minutes
- Remove, let rest, serve and enjoy!